Monday, October 03, 2011

I Think That Left a Mark

I think the War Axe launch party ended up being exactly what it was intended to be. I say I think because I was so wrapped up in it that I have no sense for the overall, the thirty foot view. I saw a lot of friends. A lot of people seemed to be enjoying themselves. Most importantly, a lot of people seem to like the little line of products we've put together.


After arriving in Lincoln later than intended from Omaha CX weekend, we found ourselves still getting set up around 6:00pm. I had hoped to be chilling with an Espresso Martini at that point, but such things happen and shortly thereafter Crescent Moon was pleasantly packed with people with conversations in every corner until around 7:30 or so where things eased back.


For me, it is an mosaic of conversations. Bikes, CX, beverages, the Huskers, 'your Mom,' etc, were all topics that come to mind and while rumors of a 'presentation' were apparently floating around, the only things we were looking to present were drinks and friendly hellos. Mission accomplished. Thanks again to those of you that stopped by. We hope you had a good time.


Think back to the last awards show you watched and those moments when a winner walks through a laundry list of thank you's that are well deserved but unknown to you. That's the moment I am in right now, not that we've won anything, but there are a lot of people who've helped us out along the way and we very much feel a debt of gratitude.


Now to build upon what we've started. It's been a fun ride so far and we're looking forward to pushing on. Thanks again everyone.

No comments: